Monday, March 4, 2013

The sweet things in life!

Dan has started a new nightly routine with Jake and I just discovered it last night. Jake's nighttime routine consists of Nakey Jakey Bear, chasing dad all around the house, then pj's, teeth brushing, then reading books, praying together and then bed. Just recently Dan has started to sing to Jake before he puts him down. I didn't know that until last night. Jake and I went through his whole routine, I turned out the light and prayed with Jake and then he turned to me and said, "Momma sing". He has never asked me to do that but I wasn't going to deny him. So I sang him some of my favorite songs. He then put his face against mine as I continued to sing and then he gave me a kiss and said, "Non" which means bed. It was amazing how much good that time did my heart. After talking with Dan, I discovered he had recently started this routine with Jake. I couldn't believe how sweet it was. I asked Dan what he sang to Jake and he sings a variation of the "Baby Bubbas" song that Dan made up shortly after Jake was born.

The sweetest moments to cherish with our little boy!

No comments: